- Quality 4 star approved accommodation
- Being only a three minute walk from the town centre, you can shop, dine and generally relax and enjoy your stay in Nenagh
- Complimentary toiletries
- Complimentary tea/coffee
- Private car park
- Private garden with outdoor seating
- Excellent value and great service
- Free WiFi
- All in, an Ideal central location for your stay in Nenagh
- Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence in 2012 – 2020
- Accommodation offered on a minimum 2 night stay
- Short walk to cafes, restaurants and shops where you can source food and drinks locally. If you wish, you can relax and enjoy your own sourced food/drinks in spacious indoor or outdoor dining areas. Fridge and microwave available also.
- Failte Ireland safety charter accredited
Built circa 1838 by Captain John Dobbs, Barrack Master, Nenagh, (the premises being allocated the name Williamsferry in 1942), it was one of 6 places of worship in the town of Nenagh serving as an independent chapel during the 19th Century. By 1841 and over the following decade, part of the buildings on the site served as a Loan Fund Office. From 1877 to 1941 (64 years), the house served as home to three generations of the Whitehead family. John Whitehead (see pic – seated far right) would live to see four generations of his family. Originally from Liverpool, John Whitehead was the first locomotive inspector on the Great Southern and Western Railway at Nenagh station at the advent of the running of the trains into Nenagh. From the house they also operated their locomotive engineering business.
From the early 1940′s to-date, many other families have made Williamsferry their home.
This is a place which offers something unique with its history and unique sense of character. Williamsferry also offers a high standard of comfort and provides 4 star Failte Ireland approved accommodation. Today, Williamsferry House is also approved under the Failte Ireland categories for Walkers Welcome, Adverture Seekers Welcome and Food Lovers Welcome.
Williamsferry House is a great little place to stay. I hope you will feel it is your home away from home; indeed, many of guests have stayed several times before or come to stay through personal recommendation.
I hope to be able to welcome you soon